Moving House / Relocation

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Moving House / Relocation

You do not need to terminate the existing contract if you are moving house as we will port over your contract to your new address. There will be no charges for the port over. However, if you do decide to terminate the contract, there will be a $200 charge.

As for procedure, please terminate your utilities account with SP Group and open a new account for your new premise.

Submit your relocation request via T+ Privilege customer portal or e-mail us your old and new premise addresses with the following supporting documents for new premise 1 month in advance before your move.
a. SP Utilities Bill or SP Account Opening Confirmation Letter for new premise.
b. Tenancy Agreement (if renting).

Homes excluded from the transfer are as follows:
a. New premise is registering under a non-domestic account.
b. New premise is under solar/PV scheme. (i.e. solar panels installed)

Tuas Power will put in the transfer request to SP so that your contract can be transferred and continued at your new premise.

  1.  Contact us to close your electricity account for your current premise. We require a minimum of 10 business days’ notice to process your account closure request.
  2. Contact SP Group separately to terminate your water & gas account(s) where applicable. Please visit or call 1800 222 2333 for more details.
  3. Open a new utilities account with SP Group for your new premise. Remember to select electricity supply when applying for your new account. SP will issue you a new utilities account number. Please visit or call 1800 222 2333 for more details.
  4. SP will issue you a SP Account Opening confirmation letter or email to confirm your new utilities account.
  5. Submit your relocation request here by providing your new premise address and valid supporting documents (e.g. SP Utilities Bill or SP Account Opening Confirmation Letter for new premise and Tenancy Agreement).
  6. TPS will issue you a new agreement with the details of your new premises, while keeping the terms of your previous agreement. A copy of this new agreement will be sent to you via
  1. Email – If you provided TPS a valid email address
  2. Mail – If no email address was registered with TPS

Do let us know 2 weeks in advance for us to do the processing.
a. SP will require at least 7 business days to open or close your utilities account.
b. We will require at least 5 – 7 business days to transfer your electricity account.

For new electricity accounts, we can only submit any transfer request after SP has completed the first meter read (indicated in your confirmation letter/email but subject to confirmation from SP Group).
You are encouraged to get in touch with us if you are uncertain of the process.

You may indicate your preferred contract start dates for your new premise to us.
Your contract duration will resume once the previous agreement has ended (i.e. account closed or transferred back to SP) and electricity has been turned on at your new premise.

However, the contract commencement date will be subjected to the standard account transaction process or practices by SP Group.
We will do our best to accommodate your request(s).

Yes, it is possible. You will need to discuss the takeover of contract with your new homeowner/tenant.

When both parties agree, a Transfer of Ownership form is required to be completed.

Please email us your request with the new homeowner/tenant’s email/contact for our processing.

In the event that the new homeowner/tenant declines the transfer, a $200 termination charge will be applicable.

Choose to Save with Tuas

Fill up your details online and we’ll submit the request to transfer on your behalf to get greater electricity savings!


Enquire More

Need more information? Don’t worry, leave your details with us and we’ll be in touch to guide you through.